Owning an E-commerce site is a great way to generate business for a specific product or to promote a unique service.
All an E-commerce web site is an eye-catching storefront, which can be accessed from the privacy of your own home. Most modern businesses recognize that staying competitive in the Web 2.0 world means having an online presence. Even ‘brick and mortar’ businesses like restaurants all have web sites with E-commerce elements to complement their actual buildings.
Unique elements of E-commerce sites
When you understand some unique elements of E-commerce sites, your business will boom faster than you would ever imagine.
Unfortunately, the opposite is also true, if your E-commerce web design is not done well, the results for your business can be disastrous.
Here are 5 key ways to have solid E-commerce web design:
- Ease of Use: For a site to function properly and be easy for visitors to move around on, it must have simple navigation which is laid out in a clear to understand way.Keeping your visitors engaged and on your site is critical to improving your bottom line. Consulting with a professional web designer or developer can help ensure that your site has proper navigability and functionality.
- Operating Systems/Browsers: Not everyone uses the same operating system or web browsers on the internet.
That is why a web developer will work on your site’s compatibility with the variety of browsers online. Maximizing its compatibility is integral to attracting traffic.
- Images/Video: The online world is a very visual medium.
People will play pokies stop and drill deeper for more information on a site if they see exciting images or video clips which are related to what the site is all about. Just make sure that your images and video are relevant to what your site is all about.
- Integration of Color: Having some awareness of color and what colors best represent your business can mean the difference between attracting a positive audience response or a negative one.
Remember that the color should be drawing attention to your products not deflecting attention from it by being unattractive or annoying.
- Fresh Content: Visitors want to get purposeful information from your site – even if they are just ‘looky loos;’ not real buyers. Keep the layout simple and appealing.
Add humor to your content or make sure you are posting new, fresh content regularly in order to draw the most traffic and visitors.
When you have all of these elements, your E-commerce site is sure to draw traffic and hold visitor attention. Without them, you will be whistling in the dark in terms of online presence. To learn more about integrating all of these elements, go to: https://culturainteractive.com/